Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

GMVW # 1: "Brilliant Bagpipes"


Gem Music Video of the Week # 1: Brilliant Bagpipes
Song: It’s A Long Way to the Top by AC/DC
(Songwriters: Angus Young, Malcolm Young, and Bon Scott)
January 10, 2008

Hey everyone

Here’s my new home email address.  I'm launching this address with a weekly series: Gem Music Video of the Week.  It's pretty amazing having all this video music at your disposal on youtube, so for those who are search-challenged I am tracking some chestnuts.

This first one inspired me to do this.  It may have you scratching your head (considering the source) but I've always wanted to see this song live with the bagpipes.  I believe Pat got this opportunity a few years back.  Also the lyrics are great because they are an honest account of life on the road.  This video includes the original lead singer (Bon Scott) who died in 1980 (5 years after this video was shot).  I've gained respect for this Australian band over the years.

Must be heard loud!

“I tell ya folks, it's harder than it looks....”
Gem Music Video: It’s A Long Way to the Top
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBNAY1UnpE

- Pete

----------------------------------------------------
About the video: This video has to be of AC/DC’s Feb. 21, 1976 performance with Bon Scott on the Australian “Bandstand” program.  The original video link was blocked and this one could be too, hence the need to elaborate for this and all other videos (a reference of sorts).  Scott is wearing a Superman tee-shirt and is on a front stage separated from the rest of the band along with Angus.  The band is surrounded by dancing girls.  Split screen shots show the remainder of the band.

Best Feedback: Fred

Thanks for keeping it real!  Great introductory email and I look forward to many more gems to come.

I NEVER liked AC/DC until I gained a small appreciation within the last two years.  I don't know why.....but this video put me solidly as a fan. Love the bagpipes.  Love the cheesy girls in the background.  And especially love the crazy school-boys in disgrace lead guitarist

Keep em coming


Also: Dave

This is great, Sara wondered what it was I was cranking on the laptop at 6:30 this morning.

More cow bell.............



 

No comments: